Lizardmen - New
The Lizardmen, sometimes known as the Cold Ones or the Children of the Gods, is an ancient, savage race of cold-blooded reptiles that were at one time the first and oldest civilization within the Warhammer World. Long before the rise of Men, Elf or Dwarf, the Empire of the Lizardmen ruled supreme.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. Who are the Lizardmen?
The Lizardmen are a fictional race in the Warhammer Age of Sigmar tabletop game and its associated lore. They are also sometimes referred to as the Seraphon. In the lore, the Lizardmen were created by the Old Ones, a highly advanced and ancient race of beings, to serve as their loyal servants and protectors of the world. The Lizardmen were created through a combination of magical and genetic engineering, resulting in a highly specialized race of reptilian beings with various physical and mental abilities. The Lizardmen are organized into a complex social and military hierarchy, with different castes serving different functions. The Saurus are the warrior caste, highly skilled in combat and tasked with protecting the Lizardmen's territories. The Skinks are the scout and messenger caste, with great agility and intelligence. The Slann are the powerful mage-priests who communicate with the Old Ones and direct the Lizardmen's actions. In the Age of Sigmar, the Lizardmen have been transplanted from the Old World into the new realm of Azyr by the god Sigmar. They continue to serve as powerful protectors of the world, fighting against the forces of Chaos and other threats to order and stability.
2. What is the Lizardmen playstyle?
In Warhammer Age of Sigmar, the Lizardmen (also known as the Seraphon) have a playstyle that emphasizes their strengths in melee combat, magic, and resilience. One of the key aspects of the Lizardmen's playstyle is their ability to teleport across the battlefield using their "Celestial Conjuration" ability, allowing them to quickly move their units to strategic positions and ambush their enemies. Their Saurus units are the backbone of the Lizardmen army, with high toughness and strong melee attacks. Skink units provide ranged support, mobility, and are good at objective grabbing. The Slann, the Lizardmen's powerful mage-priests, are capable of casting devastating spells and supporting their troops with powerful buffs. The Lizardmen also have access to a range of powerful monsters, including Carnosaurs, Bastiladons, and Stegadons, which are capable of dealing significant damage to enemy units and can act as powerful centerpieces for an army. Overall, the Lizardmen playstyle emphasizes a strong, resilient core of Saurus warriors supported by versatile and mobile Skink units and backed up by powerful magic and monstrous units.
3. Best way to get started playing Lizardmen?
If you're interested in getting started with the Lizardmen in Warhammer Age of Sigmar, here are some steps you can take:
1. Read up on the lore: Before diving into the game, it's always helpful to familiarize yourself with the lore and background of the Lizardmen. This will help you understand the army's strengths and weaknesses, as well as their role in the world of Warhammer Age of Sigmar.
2. Choose your army size: Determine how large of an army you want to start with. It's recommended to start with a smaller army, such as a 500 or 1000-point army, to get a feel for the Lizardmen's playstyle before expanding your collection.
3. Purchase your models: Once you have decided on the size of your army, you can begin purchasing your Lizardmen models. A good starting point is to purchase a Start Collecting! Seraphon box, which includes a Saurus Oldblood, a Skink Starpriest, a unit of Saurus Warriors, and a unit of Skinks.
4. Build and paint your models: Once you have your models, you'll need to assemble and paint them. This can be a fun and rewarding process, allowing you to customize your army and make it your own.
5. Play some games: Once your army is built and painted, it's time to start playing games! You can start with smaller, casual games against friends or participate in local gaming events to get more experience.
6. Expand your collection: As you become more experienced with the Lizardmen, you can expand your collection by adding more units, monsters, and heroes to your army. Remember, playing Warhammer Age of Sigmar is all about having fun, so don't be afraid to experiment and try new things with your Lizardmen army!
4. Most popular Lizardmen characters?
The Lizardmen (Seraphon) have many popular characters in Warhammer Age of Sigmar, each with their own unique abilities and backstory. Here are some of the most popular Lizardmen characters:
1. Lord Kroak: Lord Kroak is a powerful Slann mage-priest who fought in the Great War against Chaos. He is one of the oldest and most powerful Slann, capable of unleashing devastating magical attacks.
2. Kroq-Gar: Kroq-Gar is a legendary Saurus warrior who has fought in many battles and is known for his unwavering loyalty to the Lizardmen. He rides on the back of a Carnosaur and is a skilled melee combatant.
3. Skink Priest Tiktaq'to: Tiktaq'to is a Skink priest who is a master of the skies, riding a Terradon and leading the Red Crested Skink cohorts in battle. He is known for his tactical acumen and is a skilled ranged combatant.
4. Engine of the Gods: The Engine of the Gods is a powerful war machine created by the Old Ones. It is piloted by a Skink crew and can unleash devastating magical attacks, heal nearby units, and provide bonuses to friendly units.
5. Saurus Oldblood: The Saurus Oldblood is a veteran Saurus warrior who has fought in many battles and is highly respected by other Lizardmen. He is a skilled melee combatant and can inspire nearby units with his leadership.
These are just a few examples of the many popular Lizardmen characters in Warhammer Age of Sigmar. Each character brings their own unique abilities and personality to the tabletop, making them fun to play and collect.
5. Typical Lizardmen paint schemes?
The Lizardmen (Seraphon) have a distinctive look, with their bright colors and scales. Here are some typical Lizardmen paint schemes:
1. Classic Blue and Gold: This is the classic paint scheme for Lizardmen, featuring a blue base color with gold highlights. It's a simple and effective scheme that can be achieved using a base coat of Kantor Blue, followed by a highlight of Calgar Blue and then Auric Armor Gold for the scales.
2. Red and Gold: This is a popular paint scheme that features a red base coat with gold highlights. It can be achieved using a base coat of Mephiston Red, followed by a highlight of Evil Sunz Scarlet and then Auric Armor Gold for the scales.
3. Green and Gold: This is a less common but still popular paint scheme for Lizardmen, featuring a green base color with gold highlights. It can be achieved using a base coat of Caliban Green, followed by a highlight of Warpstone Glow and then Auric Armor Gold for the scales.
4. White and Gold: This is a striking paint scheme that features a white base color with gold highlights. It can be achieved using a base coat of Celestra Grey, followed by a highlight of Ulthuan Grey and then Auric Armor Gold for the scales.
5. Bright Colors: Lizardmen are known for their bright colors, so you can experiment with other bright colors like pink, orange, or purple for a unique paint scheme. Just make sure to
keep the scales a different color than the body for contrast.
Ultimately, the paint scheme you choose for your Lizardmen army is up to personal preference. Just make sure to have fun with it and experiment with different colors and techniques!