Idoneth Deepkin - New
Frequently Asked Questions
1. Who are the Deepkin in Warhammer?
The Deepkin are a faction of aquatic elves in the Warhammer Age of Sigmar universe. They were introduced in the 2nd edition of Warhammer Age of Sigmar in 2018 as part of the Idoneth Deepkin army. The Deepkin are a secretive and enigmatic race of aelves who dwell in the oceans and seas of the Mortal Realms, specifically in the realm of Ulgu. They are led by powerful enclaves, each with their own unique culture and beliefs.
The Deepkin are highly skilled in both naval warfare and covert operations, using their mastery of the ocean to strike from unexpected angles and catch their enemies off guard. They are also known for their use of powerful magic, which they channel through the mysterious aethersea, a realm of pure magic that lies beneath the waves.
In battle, the Deepkin use a variety of specialized units, including the swift and agile Namarti Thralls, the heavily-armored Akhelian Guard, and the monstrous sea beasts known as Leviadons. They also have access to a range of powerful spells and abilities that allow them to manipulate the tides and terrain to their advantage.
Overall, the Deepkin are a highly skilled and versatile army, able to strike from unexpected angles and control the battlefield with their powerful magic and sea creatures.
2.What is the Deepkin playstyle?
The Deepkin playstyle in Warhammer Age of Sigmar is centered around mobility, control of the battlefield, and taking advantage of the terrain and the tides of the aethersea. One of the key strengths of the Deepkin is their ability to move quickly and easily across the battlefield, thanks to their fast and agile units such as the Akhelian Allopex and the Namarti Thralls.
They can also use powerful spells and abilities to manipulate the tides and the terrain to their advantage, allowing them to control the flow of the battle and dictate the terms of engagement. In terms of combat, the Deepkin are highly specialized and excel in different areas. For example, Namarti Thralls are good at clearing out large groups of enemy infantry, while Akhelian Guard are heavily armored and can soak up a lot of damage while dealing out heavy blows in return.
The Deepkin also have access to a range of powerful sea monsters like the Leviadon, which can be used to smash through enemy lines and disrupt their formations. Overall, the Deepkin playstyle requires a lot of strategy and planning to make the most of their mobility and terrain manipulation abilities.
They are a highly versatile army that can adapt to a variety of different situations, but they require careful positioning and resource management to be truly effective on the battlefield.
3. Are Deepkin a good army?
Yes, the Deepkin are generally considered to be a strong and competitive army in Warhammer Age of Sigmar. They have a lot of tools at their disposal, including powerful magic, fast and agile units, and hard-hitting sea monsters, which allows them to adapt to a wide range of different opponents and strategies.
One of the key strengths of the Deepkin is their ability to control the battlefield and dictate the terms of engagement, thanks to their mobility and terrain manipulation abilities. They can use their magic and sea monsters to disrupt enemy formations and force their opponents to react to their movements, rather than the other way around.
In terms of specific units, the Deepkin have a number of powerful options, such as the Akhelian Leviadon, which is one of the toughest monsters in the game, and the Isharann Soulscryer, which allows them to deploy units in unexpected locations and catch their opponents off guard.
Of course, like any army, the Deepkin have their weaknesses and limitations, and a skilled opponent can still find ways to counter their strategies. However, in the hands of a skilled player who understands their strengths and weaknesses, the Deepkin are a formidable force on the battlefield.
4. Best way to get started playing a Deepkin army?
Getting started with a new Warhammer Age of Sigmar army can seem daunting at first, but there are a few steps you can take to make the process easier and more enjoyable. Here are some suggestions for getting started with a Deepkin army:
1. Research the Deepkin army: Before you start buying models and painting them, it's a good idea to learn more about the Deepkin faction, including their lore, playstyle, and available units. You can read through the Deepkin battletome, watch videos and tutorials online, or talk to other players in your local gaming community to get a sense of what the army is all about.
2. Start with a small army: It can be tempting to buy a lot of models all at once, but it's often more practical and manageable to start with a small force and build up from there. Consider buying a Start Collecting! box or a few individual units to begin with, and then expand your army as you gain more experience and resources.
3. Plan your paint scheme: Once you have some models, you'll want to start painting them. Take some time to plan out your color scheme and gather the necessary paints and materials. There are plenty of Deepkin color schemes to choose from, or you can create your own unique look.
4. Practice your skills: Painting models can be challenging, but it's also a rewarding and fun aspect of the hobby. Take your time and practice your painting and modeling skills, and don't be afraid to make mistakes or try new techniques.
5. Play games: Ultimately, the most fun and rewarding part of playing Warhammer Age of Sigmar is actually playing games with your army. Find other players in your area, join a local gaming group or club, or participate in events and tournaments to test your skills and meet other hobbyists.
By following these steps, you can get started with a Deepkin army and enjoy all the fun and excitement that Warhammer Age of Sigmar has to offer.
5. Most popular Deepkin characters?
The Deepkin faction in Warhammer Age of Sigmar has a number of unique and interesting characters, each with their own backstory and abilities. Here are some of the most popular Deepkin characters: Volturnos, High King of the Deep:
1. Volturnos is the most powerful and respected of all the Deepkin leaders, and is revered by his people as a god-like figure. He is a skilled fighter and a powerful sorcerer, able to call forth the might of the ocean and command sea monsters to do his bidding.
2. Akhelian King: The Akhelian Kings are the leaders of the Akhelian subculture within the Deepkin, and are known for their martial prowess and command of the sea. They ride into battle atop giant sea creatures, wielding tridents and other aquatic weapons.
3. Isharann Soulscryer: The Isharann Soulscryers are powerful magic-users who can manipulate the tides of battle and bring reinforcements onto the battlefield from hidden locations. They are often accompanied by their aquatic familiars, which can scout ahead and provide valuable information to the Isharann.
4. Eidolon of Mathlann: The Eidolon of Mathlann is a giant sea monster, shaped like a humanoid with tentacles for hair, that serves as a powerful centerpiece model for many Deepkin armies. It is a fast and deadly combatant, able to charge across the battlefield and take on multiple enemies at once.
5. Allopexes: Allopexes are ferocious sea predators that the Deepkin use as mounts and beasts of war. They are fast and agile, able to dart across the battlefield and strike at vulnerable targets with their razor-sharp teeth and claws. These are just a few examples of the many popular Deepkin characters that you can include in your army. Each one has unique abilities and strengths that can help you dominate the tabletop and lead your forces to victory.
6. Typical Deepkin color schemes?
The Deepkin in Warhammer Age of Sigmar have a distinctive and striking visual aesthetic, with a color scheme that typically features shades of blue and green, along with contrasting highlights and details in gold or silver. However, since the Deepkin are a highly individualistic faction with many different enclaves and subcultures, there is a lot of room for customization and personalization in their color schemes. Here are some common Deepkin color schemes:
1. Blue and Green: The traditional Deepkin color scheme, this look features shades of blue and green on the armor, with gold or silver highlights on the edges and details. The skin of the aelves is typically pale, almost translucent, and their hair and eyes can be a range of colors, from white and silver to bright green or blue.
2. Coral and White: This color scheme emphasizes the aquatic nature of the Deepkin, with armor and clothing in shades of coral and white, and highlights in gold or silver. The skin of the aelves can be a light blue or green, and their hair and eyes can be a range of colors to complement the overall scheme.
3. Dark and Mysterious: This color scheme uses darker, more subdued shades of blue and green, with black or dark gray armor and clothing. The highlights are usually in silver or gunmetal, and the skin of the aelves can be a dark, almost bruised blue or green. This look emphasizes the secretive and enigmatic nature of the Deepkin.
4. Bright and Vibrant: For a more colorful and eye-catching Deepkin army, you can use brighter, more saturated shades of blue and green, with bold highlights in gold, silver, or even neon colors. This look is perfect for players who want their army to stand out on the tabletop and make a bold statement.